Are you a stitcher looking to connect with a Huron County stitching group? If so, I’m happy to let you know there are several in Huron County that meet regularly and welcome new members. Whether your technique of choice is knitting, crocheting, quilting, embroidery and so on, there are a variety of groups, guilds, workshops and classes that can help connect you to others who also enjoy stitching and fibre arts.
There are a number of knitting groups in Huron County. Some of them meet at the branches of the Huron County library:
- Bayfield Library: Thursdays at 1 pm
- Goderich Library: Tuesdays at 10 am
Please note: If you know of any other knitting groups, perhaps meeting at a church, club, or community hall, send me an email and I’d be happy to include them.
Blyth Knit and Natter Group
The Blyth Knit and Natter Group is on a winter hiatus, but will meet outside at the Lions Pavillion in Blyth once the weather is warmer every Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 8 pm. Irene Kellins, spokesperson for the group, says the outdoor knit and natter sessions will begin soon. Bring your current projects and questions and you will find good conversation and lots of helpful advice.
The Blyth Library hosts a monthly crochet group led by Ruth-Ann Kirkby on the second Saturday of the month. The next session is May 13 at 10:30 am. If you’d like to go, registration is preferred but drop-ins are welcome. Contact the Blyth Library for more info!
Crafting & Sewing
There are a number of crafting groups that meet regularly and attendees bring their current craft project, whether knitting, crochet or embroidery, as a few examples. Some groups are drop-in, some require registration, some are free and some have a minimal fee. If in doubt, please contact the organization or host to find out more.
- Adult Craft Nights – Goderich Library, Contact branch for info.
- Common Threads – Open Studio: Hosted by Jennifer Triemstra-Johnston. Contact FACTS in Blyth.
- Crafters Circle – Blyth Library: Mondays at 5:45 pm
- Crafters Circle – Goderich Library: Thursdays at 6:30 pm
- Goderich Community Hats and Mats Group: Monday nights at St. George’s Anglican Church, Goderich, Ontario 6-7:30 pm
- Tween Scene – Goderich Library: Every other Tuesday. Contact branch to register.
- Sewing Circle – Howick Community Centre from 10 am to 3 pm. Bring your project & sewing machine if required. Cutting and ironing boards and irons available. May 1 & May 15.
- 5 Star Quilt Guild: the group is now open to all quilters from the surrounding areas and has grown to over 75 members. The Guild meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month (Sept. to Nov. & Mar. to June at the Teeswater-Culross Community Centre; Zoom in Dec., Jan., Feb.) at 9:30 am. Message the guild to find out more.
- Goderich Quilters Guild: Goderich Quilter’s Guild welcomes new members, so if you are interested in participating, drop by any of their regular meetings, or send an email to Jane Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. The Guild encourages visits from guests (guest fee: $10.) who just want to enjoy a little camaraderie with fellow quilters. For their recent newsletter click here!
- Sit and Stitch with Trina at the Cotton Harvest Quilt Shop, 90 Main St. South, Seaforth. The shop runs stitching classes for all levels throughout the year. Call 1-519-600-1646 or visit their website for more info.
If you know of any other stitching, crafting or fibre art groups, please feel free to reach out and let me know at email@example.com!
Happy Stitching, my friends! 🙂